It was another hot day here and I decided to make some fresh, lovely ice cream...
You will need:
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine strawberries, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup sugar in a mixing bowl, set aside in fridge for 1 hour.
2. Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl until they are light and fluffy (that should take about 2 minutes).3. Gradually add 3/4 cups sugar, mixing well. Stir in milk and vanilla and mix well.
4. Add strawberries with juice and mix well.
5. Gently stir in whipping cream just until combined.
6. Pour into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions.
7. If you don't have an ice cream maker, put the mixture in a metallic container and place in freezer. Take it out of the freezer after half an hour and pass the mixture through your mixer. Repeat at least two more times and then let it in the freezer to set properly.
I like serving it in cones, set in bowls filled with marshmallows and sprinkled with strawberry syrup and smarties.Delicious!