Friday 1 April 2011

The Runaways

A little while ago, I watched Charlie Chaplin's The Circus, and minutes before drifting off to Dreamland that same night, my mind was filled with imaginary stories of the inhabitants of such a place.
I dreamt of the friendship between a balloon girl and a dancing bear, both of whom, while being very much cherished and loved indeed by their fellow companions, always felt like they didn't belong. Ever since she was little, the girl would sneak to the bear's cage every night after the show was over, curl up next to him, and tell him stories of faraway places, filled with forests stretching as far as the eye could see.
They ran away from the circus on a particularly starry night, minutes after the bear's number had finished, and in such a hurry that they didn't even have time to part from their work attire.
I woke up the next morning eager to capture them at the beginning of their new adventures, and they obliged me by pausing/posing for a moment or two at the side of the road they were both about to take for the very first time.

The Runaways, acrylics on canvas, 8 x 10 inch. unframed, 9.5 x 11.5 inch. framed



Now that they have found the perfect frame to live in, they will soon make their way to the shop!
Happy April, everyone!
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful composition. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that indeed is the perfect frame to this amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolutely beautiful piece! I love how your imagination works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!
    I love your painting and the little short story for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loooove the story! It makes the painting that much better. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete